Welcome back to Man Crush Monday! OMG guys, I’ve finally made it to the end of Mel’s 25 Days Anime Male Challenge. Granted it started off as inspiration for my MCM Series and was supposed to take 25 weeks. That, unfortunately was not the case. Lots of setbacks happened which prevented me from staying on top of this. You can see her original prompt here. Or you can see my own prompt here; I had wanted to do my WCW in the same way, but it evolved as you all know.
So, my Ultimate Anime Crush. I mean, I think we all know who this IS. Although, lately it seems Makoto Tachibana has been lowkey invading this spot. I still have a soft spot for this particular character. Can you guess who it is? Take a guess before proceeding after the break!
Vash the Stampede
Yeah, this definitely should be no surprise. If I have to throw in random .gif’s you’d definitely see this guys’ face somewhere. lol.
HAHA, you’re probably reading the title and wondering “When is Hazelyn ever going to stop talking about Vash?” To be honest, probably never. Just kidding! Most likely after this post, I probably won’t be writing about Vash for quite some time.
Instead of re-hashing and re-gushing over the million reasons as to why I love this character I’ll just list my posts for your information:
- 30 Day Anime Challenge | 03 – my in-depth look at Vash
- 30 DAY ANIME CHALLENGE | 30 – an anime I wish hadn’t ended/had continued
A few lists that I’ve had Vash on for past MCM’s
Hopefully I haven’t completely bored you with my fascination with Vash, but more enlightened to you as to why he’s such a great character.
Here are a few of my favorite quotes from him taken from his end of episode soliloquies:
- “I will vow once again not to kill, not to betray, but to find happiness, to talk about my dreams, because the ticket to the future is always blank. ”
- “Repeated tragedies, repeated pain, the wishes of man are so strong and yet so frail and weak. To live, to stay alive, who would have known survival was this hard…this painful? I must choose. I must make the choice, in the moment that intertwines life and death. Can I choose to remain a human? ”
- “My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love, for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning (I quit after 3 seconds). In my search for peace, I also train diligently. It is my mission to teach the precious value of peace to the children who will one day own the world. I will say it again: My name is Vash the Stampede. I am a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love.”
I’ve finally completed Mel’s Challenge (that she created), and even though I’ve finished her prompts this weekly post will absolutely continue, because heck we all need a bit of a eye-candy to get us through the our Monday blues! 🙂 See you guys next week for a non-prompted MCM!
Who would your guys’ ultimate anime crush be? Doesn’t have to be a guy! Let me know in the comments below! I’m looking forward to hearing who you’ve chosen! 😀